Friday, May 18, 2012

The Ultimate Checklist

If you asked me a month ago if I was ready to race, I would have said with no hesitation "yup, I'm ready!" BUT when time is actually here, the butterflies come, I question the combined talent of my swim, bike, run capability and more importantly the ability to take off a wetsuit in less than 10 minutes...(just kidding, 5...) and then I worry about whether I will forget my....swim cap (yup did that 1 year), bike shoes (done), run shoes (yup, did that too), luckily all of these took place about 2 miles from my house at different races/rides.  So since everyone seems to LOVE to make fun of me and probably has bets on what I will forget on Sunday, I decided to post for you the checklist...
Found a pic from a couple years ago when I didn't forget anything...
PRINT ULTIMATE CHECKLIST

SWIM
  • 2 pair Goggles (always carry spare set)
  • Race cap
  • Wetsuit
  • Glide (for wetsuit - otherwise, it will seriously be 10 minutes)
  • Gel/Food for Pre-swim
  • Garmin (HR monitor or other device)

TRANSITION/X-tras
  • 2 Towels (one to get sand off or dirt or whatever you ran through)
  • Nutrition
  • Extra water bottle
  • Sunscreen
  • Air pump

BIKE
  • Helmet
  • Bike shoes
  • Socks (if needed)
  • Sunglasses
  • Arm Warmers (if needed)
  • Bike (duh)
  • Bento box/bike bag with tubes/CO2/levers/nutrition (Gu/chomps/bars)
  • Aero water bottle
  • Water bottle (extra)
  • Nuun tablets

RUN
  • Race belt
  • Running shoes 
  • Socks (if needed)
  • Visor/Hat
  • Compression socks (if needed)
  • Gels
Sunday is race day and I really just have several goals:
  1. NO anxiety pre-race/swim
  2. Quicker transition times
  3. Not to forget anything
  4. Feel strong on the bike
  5. Negative split on the run (slow down in the beginning with a strong finish)

I don't have any big time goals, I really want to have fun and iron out the kinks before Mooseman!

3 comments:

  1. You're totally ready to rock this! I can't wait! Drinks + froyo after fo'sho. Don't forget your shoes! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much stuff to remember! I can't blame you for forgetting stuff in the past. Hope you have a good race on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm too late to say good luck, so, hope it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...