Friday, November 9, 2012

Case of Off-Seasonitis, Halloween and a Race Report

Been ultra - lackadasical about my posting...and about training...and racing...so I diagnosed it!  Yes, I am about to make up a word, I checked it on Wikapedia...

(although I am wary that this word already has been posted somewhere in the blogosphere by the other crazy triathletes out there)

Off-Seasonitis which is from the term "off-season" plus the suffix -itis (which refers to the inflamation or an illness), this is to describe the decreased motivation toward training by triathletes who are nearing the end of their season....

After Atlantic City, I was just DONE, but I still had two more racesI signed up for and well, I can't let things go to waste....

So I'll start with the back-story - Pre-Sandy, since it also contains Halloween weekend footage and the Bridge Run...which was awesome...


I was a "little" tipsy from all the awesome pumpkin beer at the Brewtal Beer October Halloween meeting and went into that "whoa is me" stage of drunkeness, where I told everyone I didn't FEEL like running 10 miles the next day, I didn't FEEL like running the Bridge Run the next weekend and most of all I didn't FEEL like running 13.1 miles at the Trenton Half Marathon. WAAAAA!  Poor Lisa, had to listen to this for about 20 minutes.Yes this is all as I was dressed as an evil Alice in Wonderland
"Mad Alice" - looking a little crazy

This is my mother....who NEVER dresses up!

The boys as Bareforce One....

Video game character photo shoot

Anywho, Lisa said "why don't you just not run it?"  Go ahead, I did the same thing - "huh?" I replied. The conclusion was just do a short run the next day, since I got in 10 miles already the week before and I would just do both races slow, no expectations.

The next day I woke up a touch hungover and decided I was driving to the park running 3 miles and going home to get ready for the next Halloween festivity.  So, I called Christine who said just do 6 miles.  So I got out of the car and I ran 7 miles.  Felt better, plus I was getting a little concerned because I heard we were getting some rain during the week (i.e. Hurricane Sandy).  Then I got myself ready for the Beyond Dishonor at Champs - I changed my hair color for the costume....

Beyond Dishonor as Mortal Kombat - aweseome!

Dorothy...and Mad Alice

Yasi all cat woman like - and me with a knife...
The crew pre-metal party
and it was Yasi's first metal show...

Fast-forward to last Sunday...Bridge Run 10K which really is a lot of fun and that was my plan, use it as a training run for Trenton Half Marathon.


The first mile was like fighting through a mass of 1200 people...oh wait I did fight through that mess...I couldn't get a spot by the 9min mile pacer so I went to the back.  My first mile as you can see the time versus moving time was about 35 seconds slower. 


Practicing my Miss America wave for the paparazzi
My goal was a 9 min mile pace all the way through and I achieved that.  I wasn't looking a PRing since I do want to do ok at tomorrow's half marathon so I kept the HR level fairly consistent around 154.



I started with noone and got really bored around mile 5 (as I slowed down) probably admiring the flowers (just kidding this is Camden - most likely admiring the crack head complaining to a cop).  I finally saw Lisa up ahead and sprinted up (see the spike in HR) and was just so happy to run with someone even for the last 1/2 mile.



Me and my twin Christine!





Team Triumph!

Oh and to add to the crazy weather - we had a snowstorm - random and just to add more power outages to the people who just got their power back from Sandy.

Because of the snow I opted not to run at all this week, I did free-weight, spin class, trainer rides and some yoga...hopefully this will make for some ultra fresh legs...


Oh and in order to make myself excited for tomorrow...I not only picked out a cute outfit...I planned a Beer and Mimosa Breakfast Party after the race!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...