Saturday, March 2, 2013

This Week's Happenings....

As most of you know, I will not be doing any racing this year due to Baby Girl (no names picked out yet)....If you want to read my pregnancy happenings you can go to MiniFancyPants - I wanted to keep a separate log on those happenings :)  Until then, I will live vicariously through all my blogging friends and their experiences, maybe even bookmark any races for 2014...Anyway, lots of stuff still happening, working has been INSANE mainly due to increase amount of projects so it's nice to not have a 15 hour training week hanging over my head.  However, because I'm not can't train for any races, I have been having so much fun with my workouts.  I have been doing things I haven't been able to do in a long time! 

Fun things like - Running and then taking the pup for his walk/my cool down
In addition, I am not being overly critical with myself which in a sense causes me to relax a bit and not be as stressed....increasing yoga hasn't hurt either.  Some weeks I'm swimming more, some I bike more and some I run more, I am just going with the flow, which normally would drive me nuts but the fact that there is something I have to take care of in my body has changed my tune a little...

Last Sunday, I was able to get to a yoga class at the new studio Yoga Soul in NJ with Yasi, Joe and Craig.  I was a little concerned at first when I found out it would be heated, but I think being 17 weeks I am still okay with that.  The class was an intense Vinyasa and, with the exception of a couple poses I am not allowed to do, I worked hard and felt good. 

I had a great afternoon with my book club peeps at my parents house complete with Barista Tony (DAD) making us super fancy cappucinos :)

Book club minus Yasi (she had to go home early booo)
My mom and I while watching the fashion of the Oscars after book club
Monday was another super crazy intense TRX class and the combination of the Yoga class Sunday and lots of one leg TRX push-ups and squats and a shitload of core work, I was one sore human on Tuesday morning but my favorite kind of feeling.

Tuesday, I was able to do a light spin for a little over an hour on my trainer while catching up on my shows.

Wednesday was another 90 minute yoga session with Jen.  My other prego friend and I are taking a pre-natal yoga class which is just as intense as any other vinyasa.  Jen, the instructor is amazing and she comes to our house to do the class so it is catered to what we can and should do. 

Thursday, I checked out a new spin instructor and sweated a bit after my strength training session that left my legs sore again on Friday...

Friday - I took a wonderful full rest day which worked out perfectly since I received my winnings from super awesome Ironwoman Hilary Biscay's blog that highlighted my friend Anabel -  check out Anabel's amazing story in 3/GO Triathlon  The compression socks are perfect as I prevent any swelling in my legs from being pregnant (figure I would get the jump on it.)  The jersey is awesome, but will have to wait till next year - although I plan to wear it for the time being before my belly really pops while on the trainer so I still feel cool. 


I finished off Saturday with a great run in the crisp cool weather we have been having - my pace has slowed a little but all in all its good. I feel comfortable and have more energy than the first trimester. 

Now off to a little date night with the hubby...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...