As you may have noticed, I kind of took December off from blogging...not purposely, but I was in a whirlwind with everything and didn't have the time, or every time I thought of a post, I thought of something else instead. In all honesty, I probably had a case of writer's block, well, I mean, IF I was a writer, that would be what it was called, but we all know I write like a 5th grader.
I walked away from 2011 with a bunch of lows causing me not to meet my goals and races.
2011 Race Schedule and Notes
2/13 NOLA 1/2 Marathon - 2:11 time even after being injured with PF and sprained ankle 4 weeks prior.
6/5 Black Bear Olympic Triathlon - only did aqua-bike - strained flexor hallucis longis - no running
7/17 Vineman 70.3 - 7:03 - IMPROVED SWIM TIME but had to walk/run the run course due to injury
7/25 CGI Mercer County Sprint Tri- failed attempt at racing 1 week after 70.3 but fun
8/6 Princeton Bike Tour -65 miles - bike accident at mile 50 - fractured/bruised ribs
11/5 Bridge Run 10K - 60 minutes - 9:40 min miles after just starting to run again 3 weeks earlier!
Goals for 2011 (SET PRIOR INJURIES)
1. 1/2 marathon time should be under 2 hours and if possible crank out a 1:50.
3. 1/2 Iron time at Vineman under 6 hours.
4. Run pace in sprint distance race at 8min/mile and 8:30-8:45 for Olympic distance.
Top 10 Highlights of 2011
- Mike and I spent some time vacationing in Sonoma after Vineman 70.3.
- Became a charter member of Brewtal Beer Club and Mike and I brewed our first beer! Brewtal Alpha Porter.
- Met some amazing people/new friends in-person and virtually through twitter and blogging emphasizing the power of social media.
- Was able to spend a great vacation with my brother and sister and friends in New Orleans for 1/2 marathon.
- Vacationed with both my families - Onion's and LaCouture's in Disney!
- Spectated races and able to cheer on my friends and teammates.
- Joined Team Triumph - which is an amazing group of people
- Co-hosted some fabulous parties with the better half - Christmas in July, Beerathlon and the Not so secret NYE bash.
- My brother (@big_onion) and Kaela got engaged and bought a farm!
- Asked to be maid (umm matron...) of honor in my best friend's wedding in May 2012!
I leave you to go on my 10 mile run.....